AliEx Cargo Ebike purchase.

"A"

Local time
8:51 PM
NBD from AliEx, 1000w rear hub motor with cast wheels, 5 PAS modes, 45 km/h capable, two 48V 22Ah batteries, large aluminum tail basket (not pictured).
4wEOGea.jpg

Took it out for a few miles after fitting a longer stem, thinking about switching to narrower handlebars to better filter through traffic.
Bench seat is nice & long, but a bit too wide for comfortable pedaling action.
That rear shock is more or less a ride height adjustment, not much travel.
Hydraulic brakes are nice, especially for a bike that's nearly 100 lb.
Rear brake light is activated by the brake levers.
Wi3xvvw.jpg

uNCewj1.jpg

So, how's the ride? What kind of brake calipers? I think I would want a longer rear rack or a bit of a stretched frame.

I've been looking for just the cargo bike frame and chain...rolling frame ready for electric motor and battery....even yuba and Surley
only want to sell complete cargo bike...which sucks for me :ROFLMAO:

I'm really starting to like those types of bikes and especially the extra battery mid frame....SWEET!!

Are those batts ran in parallel or do you need to unplug one then plug in the other?

Been thinking about the DateX battery blender thing but am on the fence about it right now.

I can imagine 2, 52v 45ah batteries midframe on that little beast :giggle:

Rides a bit rough, seat padding is a bit thin, but I also have 35 psi in the tires.
Here are pictures with the rear rack, rack itself weight a good 6 to 7 lb.:
Z6yuOjN.jpg

pLkIUQW.jpg

Converting the OEM handlebar to narrower MTB flat bar, required some re-routing of cables through the fork triple clamp:
ESnJLZm.jpg

LQJFr5F.jpg

hDuF7yG.jpg

D0NrlkD.jpg

7HVQ3vF.jpg

The ebike has spring loaded passenger pegs, just kick the round button and they pop out from the chainstays.
Once deployed, they kinda get in the way of pedaling, but I guess there isn't much pedaling when you're carrying a passenger on this ebike.

The disc brake calipers are just generic Chinese stuff, disc rotors are thicker than any other ebikes that I've seen or used.
Piston actuation are on both sides of caliper/pads; seems to be spec'ed on this ebike for heavy cargo carrying in mind.

Rear brake:
oDpVfU3.jpg

Front brake:
ZIak1mt.jpg

Took good advantage of 3-day weekend with great weather, I did about 86 mile on the new AliExpress ebike, determined that pedaling is really unnecessary on this machine;
the wide seat really gets in the way of pedaling motion.
While the seat padding may look minimal and uncomfortable for long saddle time, it turned out ok for me.
9tk2S4h.jpg

Me at 178 lb. fully dressed, five levels of PAS with their max speed when battery is at/near full level:
PAS 1: 18 km/h
PAS 2: 25 km/h
PAS 3: 35 km/h
PAS 4: 40 km/h
PAS 5: 45 km/h,
with PAS level 2, I am able to climb local hills on pavement with minimal efforts & decent decent of 80-90 rpm;
the hills are usually less than 1/16 mi. long, gradient of 4-6%.
Steeper grade of 10-12%, in the national park near my PA residence, I was able to coast up hill with throttle operation at PAS level 4.
I rode the ebike until each of the battery level went down to about 25-30%, which takes about 38-42 miles, have plenty of battery capacity left after the 3-day weekend of riding.
Two chargers came with this ebike, took about 4-5 hours to get each battery back to full charge.
I put different stickers on each battery so I can differentiate between the two.
OFj6MCo.jpg

Shorter wheelbase than the Fiido T1 really makes this ebike quicker in handling, even though with more weight.
Maybe I will lower the ride height adjustment on the next few rides with the rear shock to see if it slackens the steering.
With the saddle difference between the two ebikes, I find myself pedaling much less than the Fiido T1 on this new ebike.
1000w hub motor does feel very similar to the Fiido T1, even though the bike weight about 20 lb. more.
SMOAVc0.jpg

Lowered the rear shock adjuster, the handling was much less sensitive on today's 35 mile ride, mostly in PAS 2, carrying single battery, it got down to 2 out of 5 bars.
uml7rQN.jpg

I definitely recommend this bike, I’m riding mine now for about a month and it’s a beast, the torque is insane and the range of course is also incredible, it’s the best ebike I’ve ever had.

New bike day.
Ordered around Black Friday, delivered two weeks ago but finally got to open the box today.
rNMJPsM.jpg

Got the RadRunner clone out today for about 20 miles, in low 50F temperature.
Mostly PAS level 1, kept it under 15 mph most of the time.
I think I pumped up the tires too high at 40 psi., should have kept it at 25 psi like last week; I felt the difference after few miles.
I reset the display to show mph, played around with the throttle settings to have it top out at 25 mph.
With me at 180 lb. fully dressed in winter clothes & boots, the bike got up to 20 mph pretty quickly while climbing a hill
and topped out at 25 mph once flattens out.
Riding position is upright, a bit too upright for my liking.
I ditched the wooden cargo board, and just strapped the carrier bag on the tail rack.
Hydraulic brakes worked great, likely overkill for me.
sU07XVd.jpg

So, how's the ride? What kind of brake calipers? I think I would want a longer rear rack or a bit of a stretched frame.

I've been looking for just the cargo bike frame and chain...rolling frame ready for electric motor and battery....even yuba and Surley
only want to sell complete cargo bike...which sucks for me :ROFLMAO:

I'm really starting to like those types of bikes and especially the extra battery mid frame....SWEET!!

Are those batts ran in parallel or do you need to unplug one then plug in the other?

Been thinking about the DateX battery blender thing but am on the fence about it right now.
I didn’t see a reply about the battery. They can be run in parallel if they are identical batteries and the both are charged to identical voltages when plugged in. However a safer way is to run a battery controller between the batteries and the main e-bike controller. That’s probably what this bike has, if not you run into a battery overheating issue if they have vastly different voltages when plugged in, because of in-rush current being too high when they equalize. The battery controllers run $25-$30 on aliexpress and a little more on eBay. I run 3 batteries on my touring e-bike. 2 are parallel and 1 in-frame battery then they all run into a battery controller before going into the main e-bike controller. I just make sure my 2 parallel ones are both at the same voltage before plugging in. I do charge them on the bike, but I unplug them before charging.

Attachments

• F87AC570-60F4-463E-B542-04E55F87AC32.jpeg
    F87AC570-60F4-463E-B542-04E55F87AC32.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 78
The dual batteries systems on these AliEx cargo ebikes I have are parallel and have battery controller (similar as pictured) that connects to both battery terminals prior to the main controller to the motor.
Most of my rides I only carry a single battery on the bike, since any of my single seating on the bike are mostly under 30 miles.
The longest single ride I've taken on these dual battery cargo ebiks are about 50 miles, before my butt calls it quits, even with wearing padded bicycle short, I could use more comfortable seats on these.
33zmFKr.jpg

tWozpE0.jpg

Back