Affordable hunter

Trophyduck

Local time
4:05 AM
Hi all. New to the ebike world. Looking at the bee cool adventurer as an affordable bike to run dirt roads and trails for hunting and such. I'm 6.1, 210 lbs and too old to be jumping and doing crazy things on the bike. What are your thoughts. Also looked at the rambo savage but it has no gearing or suspension. Good or bad

I haven't heard of the company, so I'd be wary. Seems like a Chinese "mushroom brand". I'd probably dig a little deeper and get a RadPower

Since it's for hunting, are you going to try to drag big game with it? Or just putting squirrels in your backpack?

Welcome.

Looks pretty cool. With an extra battery it might be pretty good. I've not bought one already made, i just DIY.

Welcome to our humble home you two :)

Ride Safe :cool:

HP

I haven't heard of the company, so I'd be wary. Seems like a Chinese "mushroom brand". I'd probably dig a little deeper and get a RadPower

Since it's for hunting, are you going to try to drag big game with it? Or just putting squirrels in your backpack?

Welcome.
Hopefully a deer.....or other equipment.....stands, duck decoys, etc.

Welcome.
I don't think the RAD is the correct bike for what the guy is wanting. Most of "affordable" bikes are not designed for that kind of "off road" work.

BTW nearly all e bikes regardless of branding come from China or Taiwan that's just the facts. The company that distributes the bikes is basically a marketing company in most cases.

I would be looking for a 750 to 1000w mid drive bike with huge battery. A high load number would be something to look for as well.. Fat tire 4" or wider is a good thing as well. There are a very few companies configuring bikes specifically for hunting but you will pay a huge premium going with them.

I would also look for something that uses as many generic parts as possible so you won't be limited to deal with the seller to solve issues in the future.

I don't think the RAD is the correct bike for what the guy is wanting. Most of "affordable" bikes are not designed for that kind of "off road" work.
I dunno man, This looks just about right, to me:

So let's go this way.....why do you think the Rad is better than bee cool? The weight capacity is less, smaller battery, has the PAS, has a walked too. I'm open to all and any suggestions. Thanks for all the replies

I dunno man, This looks just about right, to me:
Compared to many other bikes in the RAD's price range it is under powered, has smaller battery capacity and doesn't have the weight handling capabilities.

Oh and BTW did you know that RAD bikes are made by the exact same factory in China where Himiway and several other bikes are made. So it is fact one of mushroom brand bikes you speak of.

Don't get me wrong it not a bad bike, it's just the wrong bike for what this guys is looking for. So is the Bee Cool bike.

what are you lookin for?
My original post...ebike for dirt roads and off road trails for hunting, fishing, etc. Want to be able to haul some stuff too. Gear, deer, etc. I'm 6'1 210 ish....figure 220 with hunting duds....I'm not going to anything crazy on it. Not wanting to break the bank. 2k ish. Less would be awesome. I see lots of lower end bikes out there....I know you "get what you pay for" but there has to be a compromise.

Sorry Hoggdoc, I guess you did answer my "what should I look for" earlier. I live in pretty flat ground so I think a hub motor may be fine....?

So help me
....what am I looking for?
Depending on how serious a hunter you are maybe you should be looking at something from Rambo E bikes.

Can't afford Rambo. The $2k Rambo is only 3 speed from the motor.....no multi gear sprocket. I figure that would make it harder to pedal.....I would like to actually pedal some (sometimes).....

Compared to many other bikes in the RAD's price range it is under powered, has smaller battery capacity and doesn't have the weight handling capabilities.
Well, it has a 750 W motor and can carry 275 lbs. I consider that pretty good. I don't think he's thinking of a cargo bike in the woods. I think ~ 600 Wh should be enough for what he wants to do. I don't think ANY eBike is going to be enough to drag a deer out of the woods. For that, he'll want an ATV.

Oh and BTW did you know that RAD bikes are made by the exact same factory in China where Himiway and several other bikes are made. So it is fact one of mushroom brand bikes you speak of.
Well, I don't consider it a "mushroom brand" unless it is a brand that pops up one day and is gone the next. Factories used are a different item. Real brands like Rad have good quality control and good after-sale support, where the mushroom brands don't.

Don't get me wrong it not a bad bike, it's just the wrong bike for what this guys is looking for. So is the Bee Cool bike.
We'll have to respectfully disagree here.

Can't afford Rambo. The $2k Rambo is only 3 speed from the motor.....no multi gear sprocket. I figure that would make it harder to pedal.....I would like to actually pedal some (sometimes).....
BBSHD DIY just sayin.

Welcome.
Maybe too late but i bought an AOSTIRMOTOR E-Bike 1500 W 7 speed. An important accessary is their trailer for your deer. I love this bike.

Any familiarity with FISSION 750?
Look nice but can't find many specs to compare them.....
When I look them up, ebike Generation comes up and their accessories are backou and the like......wonder ig they're in ka-hoots with the "big name" bikes?

Back