AddMotor M360 semi incumbent trike opinions?

cookstation68

Local time
5:10 PM
Does anyone own an AddMotor M360 semi incumbent trike. If you do how do you like it. Is it dependable easy to service, build quality, quality of parts stuff like that. Or AddMotor in general do they make good quality e-bikes? Is add motor a good company customer service?

I have been researching trikes for my wife. For use on gravel roads and pavement also. Any information would be great.

Thanks Ride Safe, Have Fun.

Just bought their newest/yet to be released trike and wanting to know the same....

Does any one own one of these e-trikes. Is add motor a good company customer service, things like that, the quality of there bikes. I have been researching trikes for my wife. For use on gravel roads and pavement also. Any information would be great. Thanks
I purchased a Grandtan Plus and have been using it sporadically over the past 3-4 months. Did some winter riding on mostly snow covered and ice covered trails.

I am new at this but the bike seems pretty solid! Winter has been leaving all too slowly and riding across water from melted snow was my biggest complaint. Water comes up under the front fender too easily and will get one pretty wet. Need to go painfully slow to avoid getting wet.

I dealt with customer service about delivery issues not Addmotor's fault and they were responsive and assuring me they would take care of things. It was the dead of winter so the delay didn't effect me much.

Riding bumpy areas is ... well ... bumpy. No shocks in back. Really good on smooth pavement as one should expect.

Gotta take care and learn to ride the trike. There is a learning curve.

Love the ability to carry a load with the trike.

Had some comments from strangers about how nice the trike looked.

I give the trike and Addmotor 4 out of 5 stars. Feel like this trike is the best fit for my needs. Grandtan Plus is maybe too big for the average sized individual.

I don't buy stuff according to the company, but according to the needs I have to fulfill.
If your wife have specific needs for a trike, regardless what company you buy from, trike needs to fulfill her needs.
I know Addmotor M360 trike is a front wheel drive, long wheel base, semi-recumbent riding position.
Does your wife have any limitation to flexibility when mounting or dismounting a trike?
Any physical dimensions that require a lower seat height or stand-over height?
It looks heavy and difficult to transport, if you can live with a trike that takes up the storage room when not ridden & deal with transporting the trike to get to your place of riding; it could serve you well.

Does any one own one of these e-trikes. Is add motor a good company customer service, things like that, the quality of there bikes. I have been researching trikes for my wife. For use on gravel roads and pavement also. Any information would be great. Thanks
I've had one for 3 years now. Customer service is sketchy at best. supply chain issues. waited over a year, couldn'get a replacement battery. It's a sell bikes company, not a bike shop. they do sell what they have and ship fast, just that they don't have much inventory of spare parts, or anyone working to change that. the bike is made well, runs fine after 700 miles. I found my own source for a new battery. it will run smooth at 19 mph on flat ground at peddle assist five, or with just the hand throttle, but it will eat up the juice reducing the distance you can travel. I ride on hilly trails,mostly paved. the front wheel will spin out on gravel or grass, wet roads etc. its not meant for off road, and though they market it as a beach cruiser, i wouldn't give it much hope of plowing through any loose sand. on the street its very handy. I use it to go shopping, to the the community garden, to the ball park, and for visiting friends in town. I carry a second battery when I need to go on a longer ride, (over 25 miles round trip)
caution: don't go around curves at high spd. it will turn over and toss you in the street. For the price it was the best option on the market three years ago. today there are many other bikes out there, and a few of them are better and much less expensive. I'm waiting on customer reviews of the new xptrike from Lectric bikes. It has better braking, and mid drive motor to deliver better traction- both rear wheels are under power with split differential. sits lower to the ground so its more stable, and has parking brakes standard equipped. Doesn't go as fast ,barely gets 14 mph top spd. but its not a sports car. 14 mph will get you around very nice. still waiting to see what owners have to say about its build quality. I'd like a bigger motor, it comes standard with 500 w motor. 750 would be better, and a stronger battery would be helpful. I think the company goes with the smaller motor/battery to keep the price down, and maybe they are afraid the rear differential wouldn't stand up to the torque. hope this helps.
the m360 runs great, looks great, and is sturdy. the company that sells it only gets one dim star.

I don't buy stuff according to the company, but according to the needs I have to fulfill.
If your wife have specific needs for a trike, regardless what company you buy from, trike needs to fulfill her needs.
I know Addmotor M360 trike is a front wheel drive, long wheel base, semi-recumbent riding position.
Does your wife have any limitation to flexibility when mounting or dismounting a trike?
Any physical dimensions that require a lower seat height or stand-over height?
It looks heavy and difficult to transport, if you can live with a trike that takes up the storage room when not ridden & deal with transporting the trike to get to your place of riding; it could serve you well.
thats all very true. my m360 is a beast to move without power. and it takes a full size truck to haul it anywhere. I did a talk last year about etrikes for seniors and allowed folks to test ride it in the parking lot of the library after the presentation. some folks with mobility issues had trouble ,even with the low profile, lifting their leg over the top rail. and folks with hip problems didn't like the peddle position. you need to match your bike to your personal comfort zone. otherwise the bike will be just a piece of metal taking up space. I'm 5. 7, ,76 years old. have 700 miles on this bike. enjoyed every ride, but I did my research, 3months poking around the internet, reading what owners had to say, not the ad folks.

it works for me. but not for everyone. had my M360 for 3 years. bike build is solid, company, not so much. they are a seller of bikes, same problem many of these start ups have. lack of support, parts, limited locations. one key weakness is braking. its any easy fix. I changed the front brake to hydraulic. the bike weighs a ton. stopping it on steep downslope wasn't very assuring. something to be aware of: the company updated the model and I'm sure other updates will be coming, but they never set up a support/supply system. So when my battery was wearing out, they couldn't sell me a new one, and the battery they had available for the updated bike wasn't compatible with my 3 year old bike. they told me to be patient and wait. the fall faded away and spring came. no battery, bike was getting dusty in the garage. I found my own source for a replacement. the company still hasn't sent me the promised notice of available battery.

Back