Addmotor build

Kingofgreens

Local time
9:49 PM
Hello all,

I'm kinda new here and I'm hoping to find some information to help me with my project.

I bought an Addmotor M80 from OfferUp . Local deal.

It was a little beat up and I overpaid but I do love it.

26x4 is awesome for urban cruising and quite a bit more.

I got it with a decent looking 52v 20ah triangle battery and a nice Luna 52v charger.

I've done a lot of the wrong things with that pack and it's now down to charging 54 volts ......

It still works but now I must charge every day.

I recently got a good deal on a 52v 30ah 21700 Panasonic cell pack and still haven't run it yet.
I'm working out where to put it mainly.
I have a front rack and leather"ish" saddlebags. I'm thinking of mounting a battery box to the top of the rack. It's going to look ghetto but I believe in function over form anyhow.

I'm considering getting a 2nd identical pack as the one I just bought and retiring my cheapo triangle as a spare. The switcher I bought is 40amp and my new pack has a 50 amp BMS while the triangle I think is supposed to be 40.
I don't think this should be an issue. Please disagree if anyone knows about this.

The display on this bike was always trashed. Could barely see it . I read that I could just ditch it and I did. Never looked back.
With this in mind I was wondering if there's such a thing as a controller that is just basic in that way.
I don't need a fancy display and 5 levels of PAS.
I'd love to find something at 35 or 40a with a nice smooth throttle and nothing more.
Does it exist?

I'll get some good pics later to post up here.

I'm also looking for suggestions on a new controller.

Should I go sine or square wave?

Are there any brands to look for and some to stay away from?

How difficult is it to wire it to my existing bafang hub motor if I can't get what I want with comparable connectors?

Back