AAA will tow your eBike!

Snoop

Local time
10:09 PM
E6A66FF9-7A68-43ED-B60F-FCD92CAF64C6.jpeg

This is something I did not know.

We’ve had AAA membership for many years and have gotten good use of it.

We received a member magazine in the mail today, and there was an article in it about ebikes, and next to that an alert stating that ebike “towing” is included in all Basic, Plus, and Premier Memberships.

Not a bad thing to use if your ebike breaks down or runs out of juice far away from home. Will save having to repair your bike on the road, or to have a lengthy pedal home in 1st gear, especially if you have a heavier model bike.

For what it’s worth, they’ll tow an acoustic bike for you as well!

That's pretty cool that they "tow" ebikes, bikes and escooters. Does this mean you can ride in one direction until your battery goes flat and then get a free ride home?

That's pretty cool that they "tow" ebikes, bikes and escooters. Does this mean you can ride in one direction until your battery goes flat and then get a free ride home?
I wonder how many people are going to try that :unsure:

I think it does, as long as you have AAA membership. The limiting factor, though, is that membership has restrictions on how many tows/miles towed a member can get per year. I don’t recall what they are, but the tows are probably best saved for when you really need them <grin>.

When I was 16 yrs old.....I got my first car....a 58 chevy with a broken gas gage. My Dad.....worked for AAA at the time and I was on his membership. Back in those days.....if you ran out of gas......AAA would bring you 5 gallons as part of their membership benefits. Well....as a poor16 yr old.....I thought this was great......the ole 58 would run out of gas.....I'd call AAA.....5 free gallons was delivered......life was good......until one day I came home and the old man was there holding letter saying if I used the service one more time....they would cancel our membership. Being that Dad worked for the company......suffice it to say.....he was not happy.......never used that free gas service again......go figure!

Back