A really good article on safe eBike riding around cars

Smaug

Local time
6:09 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating in its own thread. Micah gives some good tips.

In addition to that, I recommend reading the comments. It seems to be closed to new comments, but there are a lot of good tips added by readers too.

the 'dust in your eyes' afterword is an important tip. When I am riding at night I wear computer glasses. Not quite amber lenses and not quite clear. No matter what my eyes are covered, and preferably with glasses that are wraparound so specks can't waft in from my nose bridge.

the 'dust in your eyes' afterword is an important tip. When I am riding at night I wear computer glasses. Not quite amber lenses and not quite clear. No matter what my eyes are covered, and preferably with glasses that are wraparound so specks can't waft in from my nose bridge.
Consider looking into these. They are excellent. The ear pieces can be replaced with a strap. There is a foam "gasket" that fits around the eye socket to keep too much wind from coming in either, so they're good in cold weather as well as dust.

The only drawback is that their design COMPLETELY blocks peripheral vision.

1700517286714.png

I think they're designed for the Harley Pirates around here who refuse to wear helmets but do want to keep their eyes open at speed.

Always assume that every driver on the road is Drunk, High on Drugs, Wearing earbuds cranked full blast and Texting his boyfriend while operating a "Self-Driving" car and no hands or feet on the controls!!!

If you do this you'll have a better chance of surviving the deadly streets.

I know what I'm talking about, I Drive for a living and I have Hundreds of Dashcam clips of Brain Dead Zombies behind the wheel.

Back