A business reached out to me....

CloneWerks

Local time
1:56 AM
"Shirley" from Magicycle. Reached out to me wanting to "start a partnership"
Has anyone else been approached by these people? I used to get "feelers" like this all the time when I did serious flashlight reviews and some companies were looking for honest reviews, others were constantly trying to bribe you with goods or services.

What say you all? Do I bite and see what Magicycle wants?

Copy that. Same here.
Yeah man see what they have to offer, it can't hurt ;)

I find it interesting (not in a good way) that the way they have chosen to integrate their controller into the front crank area specifically makes the bike look a LOT like a mid-drive bike when it's actually a hub drive. If people didn't know what to look for that could lead to some real disappointment.

That's pretty interesting. I'd probably try one if they wanted to send it to me to review.

"Shirley" from Magicycle. Reached out to me wanting to "start a partnership"
Has anyone else been approached by these people? I used to get "feelers" like this all the time when I did serious flashlight reviews and some companies were looking for honest reviews, others were constantly trying to bribe you with goods or services.

What say you all? Do I bite and see what Magicycle wants?
I got the same letter I think. I have replied to see what they are looking for. All importers are scrambling to dump inventory it seems not sure why, possible they fear a deep recession in the USA and EU which could kill the market.

I find it interesting (not in a good way) that the way they have chosen to integrate their controller into the front crank area specifically makes the bike look a LOT like a mid-drive bike when it's actually a hub drive. If people didn't know what to look for that could lead to some real disappointment.
There a lot for mfg doing that as well. I like that it make the bikes look cleaner. Also the frame of designed correctly could be used for a mid drive system.

Back