860c on TSDZ2 spontaneously changing ODO & Trip A

PeteCress

Local time
2:11 PM
Aftermarket firmware versions:
> 860c: 20.1c-22
> TSDZ2: 0.20.1

Coming up on 2,000 miles, Trip A & Odometer have begun spontaneously changing.

From early in the game, Trip A would occasionally get weird if power to the system was removed without shutting down first - but this is on a whole new level.

I went into Configurations | Various | Odometer trying to reset the odo to the right value but, after I exit, the value comes up different from what I set it to.

Has anybody else been here?

Might it help to re-flash the 860c, or is this thing in the way out?

Tangentially:
  • Are there any other controllers besides the 860c that work with the aftermarket firmware?
  • Am I correct to assume that values like Odometer and Trip A are stored in the 860c and not the motor?

Aftermarket firmware versions:
> 860c: 20.1c-22
> TSDZ2: 0.20.1

Coming up on 2,000 miles, Trip A & Odometer have begun spontaneously changing.

From early in the game, Trip A would occasionally get weird if power to the system was removed without shutting down first - but this is on a whole new level.

I went into Configurations | Various | Odometer trying to reset the odo to the right value but, after I exit, the value comes up different from what I set it to.

Has anybody else been here?

Might it help to re-flash the 860c, or is this thing in the way out?

Tangentially:
  • Are there any other controllers besides the 860c that work with the aftermarket firmware?
  • Am I correct to assume that values like Odometer and Trip A are stored in the 860c and not the motor?

The Odometer needs to be set to the KM value equal to the Mile number you are looking for. i.e. to get 62 miles, you would enter 100 in the odometer reset field. Then when you exit the 100 will be converted to 62.

I know it has been a few years, but did you ever get the random distance resets issue solved?

Back