80 year old from Minnesota and bought a new Aventon Level

Ken

Local time
12:56 PM
I have been bicycling for years in an attempt to keep this 80 year old body in shape and love it. However elevations are getting to be less than comfortable on my knees. So I took the plunge and bought an E-bike, the Aventon Level. The bike is fantastic! Now I have a problem keeping the speed down so I can still get my exercise. But now I also have the advantage of visiting new places that was out of range before. Minnesota has many miles of well kept bicycle trails so we have lots of options for keeping things interesting. It will take a little time for me to get used to going a lot further in miles with the same amount of exercise.
This ebike also minimizes the negative effect of wind. The wind has always been a serious consideration on my desire for a daily bike ride. The only negative effect of the wind now is the temperature. Here in Minnesota we still have some snow on the ground and the wind really drops the temperature. It also is very difficult to change the push button power levels wearing gloves.
So at this point the ebike looks like it was a good move. My wife now has an Aventon Pace 500 and she loves it also.

Welcome! The Aventon Level looks like a solid bike with quality parts. You should get many years of e-biking out of it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Also from MN, and bought a LEVEL in the spring. I hadn't been on a bike for 30 years, and now I go out every morning. I'm close to an open space with plenty of trails. Only issue I've had was the charger zapping. It's been replaced, and I love the ride every morning. Don't know what I'm going to do when it snows.

I now have 1400 miles on my Level since March. I've had no problems. The only issue I have is the addiction. I used to ride 1/2 hour everyday on my regular bike weather permitting. Now we ride 1 1/2 - 2 hours. However my wife and I are both retired so our daily schedule is not an issue.

I have been bicycling for years in an attempt to keep this 80 year old body in shape and love it. However elevations are getting to be less than comfortable on my knees. So I took the plunge and bought an E-bike, the Aventon Level. The bike is fantastic! Now I have a problem keeping the speed down so I can still get my exercise. But now I also have the advantage of visiting new places that was out of range before. Minnesota has many miles of well kept bicycle trails so we have lots of options for keeping things interesting. It will take a little time for me to get used to going a lot further in miles with the same amount of exercise.
This ebike also minimizes the negative effect of wind. The wind has always been a serious consideration on my desire for a daily bike ride. The only negative effect of the wind now is the temperature. Here in Minnesota we still have some snow on the ground and the wind really drops the temperature. It also is very difficult to change the push button power levels wearing gloves.
So at this point the ebike looks like it was a good move. My wife now has an Aventon Pace 500 and she loves it also.
Wow, my husband and I just bought Aventon 350 and 500-we are 77 and nw of Duluth-very sorry to see winter coming this year as we have been riding our gravel roads daily…

Wow, my husband and I just bought Aventon 350 and 500-we are 77 and nw of Duluth-very sorry to see winter coming this year as we have been riding our gravel roads daily…
We have a guest room in New Mexico. We get snow too, but it generally burns off by noon.

Back