72V to 96V issue

Pablome

Local time
10:17 AM
Hi gents, thanks for accepting me to the forums.

Wondering if someone with a bit of experience can help me troubleshoot an issue.
I have a 5000W ebike running off a 72V pack with a 72V 80A controller.
I've been trying to increase voltage which I have done to 96V but when I plug it in to the controller everything turns on but have no power to the throttle.
Initially I thought it might be the BMS, so seeing as I'm upgrading the controller and battery soon anyway I removed the BMS but still no luck.
From what I've researched so far, the extra voltage shouldn't be a problem for the controller as it's fitted with 100V capacitors.

Where am I going wrong?

Well, 4.0 x 24 would be 96, but 4.2 X 24 would be 100.8. Should be within tolerances but may be a HVC.

Hi gents, thanks for accepting me to the forums.

Wondering if someone with a bit of experience can help me troubleshoot an issue.
I have a 5000W ebike running off a 72V pack with a 72V 80A controller.
I've been trying to increase voltage which I have done to 96V but when I plug it in to the controller everything turns on but have no power to the throttle.
Initially I thought it might be the BMS, so seeing as I'm upgrading the controller and battery soon anyway I removed the BMS but still no luck.
From what I've researched so far, the extra voltage shouldn't be a problem for the controller as it's fitted with 100V capacitors.

Where am I going wrong?
There are other components in the controller that are voltage sensitive possibly the most important being the MOSFets. I suggest to reconfigure everything in the power department to 96 volts or higher.

Thanks gents, have upgraded controller to a Fardriver 96530 and now it seems to be a battery issue not supplying enough amps.
It's running slower than when it had the stock controller and definitely slower than when it had a Sabvoton 72150.
Not having much luck with this project.

Since you have failed to describe your equipment, not much to offer you.

When you say it is a battery amps issue, is this just a guess or do you have some actual reason to believe this?

Thanks gents, have upgraded controller to a Fardriver 96530 and now it seems to be a battery issue not supplying enough amps.
It's running slower than when it had the stock controller and definitely slower than when it had a Sabvoton 72150.
Not having much luck with this project.
Do you know all of the specs of your current battery pack such as total watt hours maximum amps and such. Does your new controller give you access to making adjustments to the maximum amp draw low-voltage settings and charge voltages?

Originally it was a 72V 26ah 90A 20S9P battery, I've upgraded it to 22S12P but I'm pretty sure it's just a setting that's off on my controller, there's so many adjustments that can be changed.
The new controller is capable of 330 line amps and 530 phase amps.

I've ordered some VTC6 cells so my new set up will be...

30ah
23S/10P
30A each
230 cells for 85.1V (96.6)V@300A
Run at 210A

Can't imagine I'll be short of power supply once it's all set up as long as I tune the controller properly.

Back