48volt battery with 52volt controller

Flashrider92

Local time
5:56 AM
Hi,everyone I have a question I'm currently thinking in buying a 52volt controller however because I have two batteries one is a 52volt battery and the other one is a 48volt battery would a 52volt controller work with a 48volt battery? Also my motor is a 500watts 48volt motor.

Will it work? Probably. Depends on the hardware maximum voltage limits on certain internal components. Will HVC and LVC work, no, they will be way off. Are there controllers which are programmable, yes. There are controllers designed to "auto-sense" between 50.4V and 54.6 batteries, and set their limits accordingly, yes, these would be the best way to go.

The 54.6V contoller would shut off the 50.4V battery early, as the LVC would be set much higher for a 54.6V.

Will it work? Probably. Depends on the hardware maximum voltage limits on certain internal components. Will HVC and LVC work, no, they will be way off. Are there controllers which are programmable, yes. There are controllers designed to "auto-sense" between 50.4V and 54.6 batteries, and set their limits accordingly, yes, these would be the best way to go.

The 54.6V contoller would shut off the 50.4V battery early, as the LVC would be set much higher for a 54.6V.
Thanks for the info my friend, I have another question currently I'm using a 30amp Controller I'm planing to upgrade my controller to a 35amp controller however the bms of my 52 volt battery is a bms30A is it safe to upgrade my controller to a 35amp if my bms is 30a?
Screenshot_20211220-212612_(1).png

The BMS is limiting what the battery will provide. Going over that on the controller is insurance. Just a little bit less heat and power than it was designed to deal with. Should last longer.

It will likely change how it handles brief spikes in current than the current controller, probably a bit better acceleration, downside a bit more wear on your battery.

The BMS is limiting what the battery will provide. Going over that on the controller is insurance. Just a little bit less heat and power than it was designed to deal with. Should last longer.

It will likely change how it handles brief spikes in current than the current controller, probably a bit better acceleration, downside a bit more wear on your battery.
Oh got it, thanks for your help I'm very new in understanding e bike's components.

Back