30H message and flashing motor symbol on Rize X ebike

Bobby777

Local time
5:27 AM
Broke lead wire off batterie connection, when I soldered it back on, I have a 30H and flashing motor symbol on my Rize X bike ? Led light in front of bike is strobing very fast…any ideas….the bike was fine before the battery cable broke when was putting back in my battery

Hi there, did you fix your 30H error?

The Rize X has a Bafang motor. Error 30H is a communication error. I see you found this thread already: https://ebikesforum.com/threads/how-to-fix-bafang-bbshd-bbs02-error-30.138/
I also have this error, replaced existing stock ebike brakes with Magura MT5E with 2 wires, wired in a Bafang style 8fun 3 wire plug, using the Red +5 and the white brake signal wire but left the ground clipped. Now getting the 30H fault **Update** The 30H error was being generated because the 8Fun male plug I was using had the Black ground and the white Brake signal reversed. everytime I applied the brakes it put my Red +5 volts to Black(ground) instead of the white signal wire. This caused the battery Icon on the display to go "Red" for a second, then the 30H fault appeared on the display. Once I reconnected the wires to the correct pins everything works as designed.

Broke lead wire off batterie connection, when I soldered it back on, I have a 30H and flashing motor symbol on my Rize X bike ? Led light in front of bike is strobing very fast…any ideas….the bike was fine before the battery cable broke when was putting back in my battery
Hello, and wondering if you detemined what the problem was yet? Is it possible that you reversed your battery connection?? Suggest that you unplug all cables brake,sensors, etc. Then connect one cable at a time and try turning on display after each new cable is attached. The Bafang will take a liitle abuse, but direct short circuits should be avoided. The Bafang contoller unit does not need the brakes or the shift sensors connected to function so you can isolate and test each sensor to help determine what may be causing your comm error.

Back