3 inch tires on 4 inch rims?

Bohemoth

Local time
12:39 PM
I have a Lectric X Premium with 4x20 wheels. Can I put the 3 inch tires from the Lectric Cargo bike onto my 4 inch rims?

Well I got no replies here but Lectric confirmed I could put 3 inch tires on my XPremiums 4x20 rims

I been fine, just thinking on getting rid of those squishy low pressure balloon tires and replacing them with more of a street tread with higher pressure rating to roll a little easier with my behemoth weight (260lb). Wasnt sure if my rims were too wide for a narrower tire

I had to do the same on my aventon aventure. Didnt like the whole balloon tire feel while riding on the streets.

I don't do big 20" wheels, but if it were me I'd be looking for something with a thick tread. If its a street bike, something with a semi-slick tread. I can link stuff I like the looks of but thats not going to be experience talking.

I don't do big 20" wheels, but if it were me I'd be looking for something with a thick tread. If its a street bike, something with a semi-slick tread. I can link stuff I like the looks of but thats not going to be experience talking.
Go for it! I appreciate it

I was looking for a good 4" street tire but decided to go for these. Reviews say much better handling and easy fit on 4" rims.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey guys built a 26x4 Mongoose w 48v 1500w VM rear hub. I want suspension on the front but the bulk..... Why can't I put 26" forks that fit a 2.8 rim for the 26x2.8 Veetire Street pattern. What fork dropout width would I vee looking for in a fork ?

Hey guys built a 26x4 Mongoose w 48v 1500w VM rear hub. I want suspension on the front but the bulk..... Why can't I put 26" forks that fit a 2.8 rim for the 26x2.8 Veetire Street pattern. What fork dropout width would I vee looking for in a fork ?
Dropout width should not be the deciding factor. This Wren Inverted can go to 100mm dropouts and can take a 3" wide 26" to 29" tire.

I am guessing you just haven't looked around enough. BTW this was the fork I was going to use on my Mongoose Envoy. I have the fat version on my Big Fat Dummy and its incredible.

I just wanted to slim up and lighten up the front a little. I was thinking the 26x2.8-3" tire on a 26x 2.2125" wide rim. I saw some ppl say the 26" fork was really tight so I was wondering if I should be looking for a 27.5" fork w the rim/tire size I want. She's still under construction so be easy on me

Attachments

• 9a6f7c25-413d-453f-83dd-3f67dd6972d7photo.jpeg
    9a6f7c25-413d-453f-83dd-3f67dd6972d7photo.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 89
I just wanted to slim up and lighten up the front a little. I was thinking the 26x2.8-3" tire on a 26x 2.2125" wide rim. I saw some ppl say the 26" fork was really tight so I was wondering if I should be looking for a 27.5" fork w the rim/tire size I want. She's still under construction so be easy on me
So I have 2 Mongoose hitch bikes w hub motors, my neighbor and I doing a team thing. If I just grab the 4" wide suspension first to be easy lol, what are any options on these two forks considering the price. I only have $100-300/week to spend on something ebike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808-123157.png
    Screenshot_20230808-123157.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 88
Dropout width should not be the deciding factor. This Wren Inverted can go to 100mm dropouts and can take a 3" wide 26" to 29" tire.

I am guessing you just haven't looked around enough. BTW this was the fork I was going to use on my Mongoose Envoy. I have the fat version on my Big Fat Dummy and its incredible.
It's gorgeous.... Out of my price range though

I know the midframe triangle is NON EXISTENT! but that is why I want to put 26" front suspension tubes on that are ....what 110mm dropout width? Instead of the 135mm fat suspension

I was looking for a good 4" street tire but decided to go for these. Reviews say much better handling and easy fit on 4" rims.
Oh, so you replaced a 26*4 tire on your fat bike with a 26*3 tire on a 4 inches rim and it fits all right?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back