2wd delta trike

hugh

Local time
1:31 PM
My 2wd delta trike is slowly progressing. I am using a modified Atomic Zombie plan. The frame is built, it has 2 26" rear wheels, the right side has a 1000 watt Golden Motor Magic Pie motor that is not hooked up to a chain. The left side is chain driven thru a jackshaft assembly. The motor gets triggered by a PAS sensor on the crank. Rear disc brakes on both rear wheels. It uses a Cycle Analyst V3 to monitor and set power ratings. The front wheel is 24". All tires are ebike rated Continentals roughly 2 1/4" wide.
I have 2 17.5 AH 48V rack mounted batteries to power it. A friend has a 4 wheel pedal car and it inspired me to make the delta into a pedal car style. To that end I bought some 1/2" conduit along with a pipe bender in order to make a framework to support a yellow coroplast body. It is cold here now - minus 30 C at night - so even though I have a heated garage I,m just not motivated to go outside. Most of the framework has been bent up and tacked into place, think 1930,s open car. In summer , my local city rides are usually about 50 to 60 km's long so the batteries should be adequate. However to be sure I ordered and just received a 48V 20 AH battery thru Aliexpress. Once it warms up I will get back outside and then take a couple pictures.

Here is a picture taken before winter. I was testing the 2wd concept also my homemade seat, both passed. This picture is before any body framework was added.

Back