2022 Giant Talon hardtail 11 speed

Fingerscooby

Local time
8:34 PM
Hi guys
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I have just joined and need some advice asap please. I have just purchased a 2022 giant talon 1 hardtail 11 speed rear cassette single ring and I'm wanting to fit a kerbebike 1500 watt rear hub motor kit to it. These kits I just found out only come with a 7,8,9 gear rear casette ,so can I easily fit a 9 geared cassette rear hub motor wheel to my bike or do I have to make alot of modifications. I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question as I'm all new to this game. Cheers

1. You will find that with the motor you just do not need many gears.

2. Generally, you just adjust the end-of-travel stop on the derailleur.

3. not sure if the 11 speed uses the same increments as a 9 or a 7.

4. Repeat, you just do not need many gears, at all, once you add the motor.

5. Thinner is better for frame clearance without bending.

Thankyou Nelson37, I appreciate you getting back to me. I just found out it's a 10 Speed not 11 my mistake but don't think that makes much difference. The kit comes with a 7 speed cassette as standard so do you think that will be fine?

Depending on the speed specs of the motor, and the wheelsize, likely your biggest problem will be not having high enough gearing to effectively pedal with the motor. Motor power makes gearing largely unneccessary. Many go with a single, 12-tooth cog on the rear.

Depends on what type of hills you may need to climb, mainly how long they are.

Back