2017 specialized turbo levo motor connector

Jonjuan

Local time
12:46 PM
My motor cut out after a pdel strike. Is this a safety lockout, a loose connector, or where do I start?

Can't see it from here, I will guess it is a crank-drive, in which case a pedal strike can be pretty serious, any grinding/cracking/snapping/parts falling off type noises, sudden loss of power or fade, how lucky are you?

Anything on display, error msgs or states of anything, or does that go blank, as well? Lights on the battery? do you have any signs of electrical life at all, anything hum or buzz or glow?

What exactly happens if you turn the pedals now, also do this with the wheel in the air.

You start with carefully examining for loose connectors, nose to tail, do it again, do it a THIRD TIME because that is how many it usually takes, then if all else fails start googling some manuals and instructions and start to tear it apart.

So far, in my professional opinion, it's broken. Need more info.

Can't see it from here, I will guess it is a crank-drive, in which case a pedal strike can be pretty serious, any grinding/cracking/snapping/parts falling off type noises, sudden loss of power or fade, how lucky are you?

Anything on display, error msgs or states of anything, or does that go blank, as well? Lights on the battery? do you have any signs of electrical life at all, anything hum or buzz or glow?

What exactly happens if you turn the pedals now, also do this with the wheel in the air.

You start with carefully examining for loose connectors, nose to tail, do it again, do it a THIRD TIME because that is how many it usually takes, then if all else fails start googling some manuals and instructions and start to tear it apart.

So far, in my professional opinion, it's broken. Need more info.
Thank you, i m a slow starter. It is a 2017 turbo levo with a new battery 2 months ago. It had stopped on the trail a few times but would restart. After failing while not riding i tested the speed sensor and wire harness for continuity.power cable ohmed well and q pair of contacts on the rosenberg connector but open on the second signal cable. I got the impression that the first gen. Levo only needed the one pair. I put it back together and still dead, no specs for the motor on the Mission Control app. But i wiggle the harness and only get a temperature reading. I also noted from past rides I would log 153 as my maximum cadence on many rides. I am ready to replace the Rosenberger harness but cannot find one in the U.S. I am unsure how the cadence is sensed and wonder if the superhuman cadence is a clue. Battery looks good and the cranks spin quiet. Tnx.

You bought an over priced, over-complicated piece of equipment with multiple problems within the first 90 days. T

Whoops, battery only 2 months old, bike 5 years. Still over-priced and over-complicated, likely an expensive battery, and just too many things to go wrong.

Second person just on this site with problems with the sensor on one of those, now you need expensive parts that are likely discontinued or out of stock, with software and systems that no one likely left that knows how to deal with. Keep It Simple.

Re-calibrating or replacing the sensor fixed it for the other one, not sure as the dealer would not tell him what they did.

Back