2010 Cube Attention + bbshd.....?

goosander121

Local time
9:52 AM
Hi all, first post and new here, so be kind please if I'm found to be blatantly ignorant.

I have a 2010 cube attention hardtail bike that I'm looking at converting to a daily commuter with a bbshd. My commute is 25k each way and I'd LOVE to be able to do it every day on a bike.

Does anyone have a Cube Attention like mine converted? If so, did you run into any particular issues I should be aware of?

And, can I see pics of how good your bike looks please?

Any other advice would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Good lookin bike!
The eggrider display would allow you to deep tune your BBSHD

I have the BBSHD from Lunacycle with the eggrider display. I mainly use that bike for long distance.

Keep us posted on yur build :cool:
Brilliant, theme for the info. What's the venefit of the eggrider? (Ignorance, excuse me)

Also, where did you buy your bbshd from? And can you make recommendations?

Thanks

Brilliant, theme for the info. What's the venefit of the eggrider? (Ignorance, excuse me)

Also, where did you buy your bbshd from? And can you make recommendations?

Thanks
The benefit to me...is the ability to set all the settings for the controller to what I want/need.
That, along with the ability to have 2 separate configurations...one for Road and one for Offroad and the ability to change them up at the push of a button/on the fly.

I went through my local bike shop who went through lunacycle.com to get my BBSHD kit.

The picture below is my mid drive BBSHD build
from lunacycle 52v 40ah battery mountain goat

2804-e9f85fcecd3868eac79f5974dc84d03a.jpg

I can say that I have purchased 2 BBSHD drives from Amazon, both being trouble free, 1 was installed on a 26 " hard tail, the other on a Full suspension "Motobecane" Phantom Pro. If you are bike savvy with a good understanding of bike repair then a DIY install is both simple and straight forward. just remember to NEVER plug or unplug ANY connector while the battery is installed. Yup there are some out there who dis-agree with this but a very large percentage of "Let the smoke out" incidents start with I was connecting the _________ when the display went dark, and sparks and smoke......... . Make sure you get the battery template of the battery you intend to use and assure that it will fit the frame space. Extra insert nuts can be installed to accomodate battery mounts.

Attachments

• 20210720_141940.jpg
    20210720_141940.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 98
Good lookin bike!
The eggrider display would allow you to deep tune your BBSHD

I have the BBSHD from Lunacycle with the eggrider display. I mainly use that bike for long distance.

Keep us posted on yur build :cool:
if I use an eggrider to adjust parameters then remove it and install my old display. Will my controller keep the settings that I changed with the eggrider?

if I use an eggrider to adjust parameters then remove it and install my old display. Will my controller keep the settings that I changed with the eggrider?
I've never tried that, disconnect eggrider and connect another display..
I believe that i read somewhere that it does not save the settings ..like it does not overwrite in a permanent sense.

Back